What is FIFA Icon Swap?
Constant updates and upgrades are being made in FIFA. To earn elite players up till October 2019, gamers had to participate in and complete SBCs. This has been replaced by FIFA Icon Swaps. In icon swaps, elite players can now be earned through completing in-game objectives. The wins will translate into a player token that can be later traded in for icons. Once a gamer has enough tokens they can even get the legends of their choosing. However, the icons themselves are not tradable. There have been three icon swaps since they were first introduced and they are a good alternate to cheap FIFA coins.
Icon Swaps 1
Icon Swaps 1 was launched in October 2019. It included 24 legendary options such as Peter Schmeichel who was available for six tokens. Similarly, other options required more tokens such as Didier Drogba who was worth 23 tokens.
Icon Swaps 2
Icon Swaps 2 was launched in December 2019 and featured 21 retirees. The retirees included famous players such as Bobby Moore and England winning captain of the World Cup. He was worth five tokens. Other players cost more such as Brazilian Ronaldinho who was worth 21 tokens. This expires at the end of FUT season 4.
Icon Swaps 3
This is expected to be the last set offered in FIFA 20. There are around 20 legendary players such as Carlos Albert, Zinedine Zidane and Garrincha. These three are the costliest players in the set with the minimum being 21 tokens. It also includes players like Litmanen available at six tokens.
FIFA 20 Icon Swaps Dates and Times
Since Icon Swap 2 expired at the end of season 4 on Friday 13 March, the release date given by FIFA for Icon Swap 3 was the same. It is expected to be launched on the same date at 6 GMT with the prime icon pack spotted along with its token card designs in the released snippets of the codes.
FIFA Icon Swaps Objectives
The objectives of FIFA Icon Swaps have been distributed in three categories:
Icon Swaps Online
- Using nine First Owner players from Premier League, win four rival matches.
- Using nine First Owner players from Ligue 1, win four rival matches.
- Using nine First Owner players from Serie A, winning four rival matches.
- Using nine First Owner players from Bundesliga, win four rival matches.
- Using nine First Owner players from LaLiga, win four rival matches.
Icon Swaps Online II
- Using 11 UCL-themed players win five rival matches
- Using 11 First Owner players win five rival matches
- Win 12 FUT Champs matches
H2: Icon Swaps Single Player
- On minimum legendary difficulty and with 11 Brazilian players win six squad battles.
- On minimum World Class difficulty and with 11 Japanese players win five squad battles.
- On minimum World Class difficulty and with 11 CONMEBOL players win five squad battles.
- On minimum World Class difficulty and with 11 Liga NOS win five squad battles.
FIFA Icon Swaps Rewards
The rewards that will come with Icon Swap 3 are 21 or more token rewards, 15 to 20 token rewards or 6-13 token rewards that can be later exchanged for icons. In the icon swaps 3 there are several iconic players to choose from once the gamer has an adequate number of tokens.
5 Best Choices for Icon Swaps in FIFA 20
There are several amazing choices provided in the Icon Swaps 3. There are different batches that you can get tokens from. Some of the best choices available in Icon Swaps 3 such as:
- Jari Litmanen – He is available at a smaller number of tokens comparatively and has good stats.
- Gennaro Gattuso – His defense stats are impeccable and he has amazing short and long passing.
- Michael Laudrup – His shooting stats and passing stats are among the best and is available at 9 tokens.
- Carles Puyol – His defending is on par with those from the team of the year.
- Marc Overmars – He is a good choice as per his race, passing and dribbling stats.